By Judy Knelly I’m sure we’ve all had one of those days that, after our round, we’ve felt sore, sluggish […]Read More
â€œHump Day Helpâ€
By Sarah Seratch of Northeast PT Associates Phone: 570-459-4559
Balance, as described by the dictionary is steadiness or stability. You may feel that you are steady or â€œgood on your feetâ€, but in the world of golf, balance can make or break your game. Everyone knows that balance is very important to golf, just look in any golf magazine. Do you have balance deficits that can be fixed?
Do this test on both legs:
- Stand on one leg for 30 seconds, if you canâ€™t practice until you can.
- Next, raise your knee out in front of you and hold for 30 seconds. If you canâ€™t do that practice until you can.
- Then hold onto your driver, it will give you some support, and rotate left to right, keeping your feet only slightly apart. Can you do this step? If not practice it until you no longer lose your balance.
- Then rotate right to left with feet only slightly apart with no support.
- Progress finally to golfing stance with no club, perform golf motion of your swing, and pay attention to your balance. If you become unsteady then practice this until you no longer do lose your balance.
When you can master all these things and swing within yourself, your golf swing will become smoother and more efficient which will lead to longer and straighter shots.
from Sarah Seratch Northeast PT Associates (570)459-4559 Now that the season is fully underway itâ€™s best to make sure that […]Read More
Letâ€™s hope the weather cools down and the competition heats up! Picture this scenarioâ€¦one of the hottest temperatures forecasted for […]Read More
Where: Sugarloaf Golf Club When: Saturday, July 17th Time: 6:00p ~ 11:00p Please join us for a very special event […]Read More
If you can ever figure this shot out, there’s plenty of great places to utilize it here at Sugarloaf! With […]Read More
By Patrick Knelly GCS Sugarloaf Golf Club, continued from Bunker Project Part I Hard work meets art work! Thatâ€™s how […]Read More
The best golf shot ever? This ball was actually completely stopped …. and then it happened, it took a turn, […]Read More
John Daly. Beer Can. Tee Shot. We need say no more! Just don’t try this one on our course!Read More
Find us on Facebook at Sugarloaf Golf Club, and youâ€™ll be notified of â€œLast-Minuteâ€ specials that arenâ€™t advertised anywhere but […]Read More