At Sugarloaf Golf Club
Proudly hosted by:
Wayne & Judy Knelly
SUGARLOAF GOLF CLUB
18 Golf Course Road
Sugarloaf PA 18249
Why do we do this? House Concert FAQs here: http://jrp-graphics.com/houseconcerts/ourfaq.html
Hereâ€™s how we connect with our performers: www.concertsinyourhome.com
Jerry Hludzik (Of Dakota)
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011
at Sugarloaf Golf Club
Pot Luck at 6:30 pm ~ Concert begins at 7:15 pm ~ Desserts & Coffee following concert
Donation $20.00 per person ( 100% of your donation goes to the artist!)
We are so lucky to welcome Jerry Hludzik to our concert series for 2011. You wonâ€™t want to miss this event. Check out Jerryâ€™s website below for his extensive bio and listen to some of his work. What luck that he still lives & performs close by in the Philadelphia area and still has local ties to our area.
Wayne & Judy will provide non-alcoholic beverages, snacks, plates, cups & utensils. Our concerts are BYOB; however, beverages are always available at the bar. If youâ€™d like, please bring a covered dish to share before the concert or a desserts for after the concert. To reserve your seat, please send a check to our address listed above made payable to: Jerry Hludzik and dated April1st, 2011
***Please donâ€™t ask for exceptions to advance payment, as we want to guarantee a good crowd!
Live in Concert!
To hold a spot, email Judy ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Itâ€™s not just a song, or a CD title â€“ itâ€™s a statement. Jerry G. Hludzik is a survivor in a business where it isnâ€™t easy to keep your dreams alive, let alone actually live them. Read more at www.jerryhludzik.com
Why a house concert?
From a hostâ€™s perspective: We have decided to do this purely for a love of music! House concerts have been around for a while, but unfortunately havenâ€™t quite caught on here in NE PA. About two years ago one of my friends (thanks, Debbie!) attended her first house concert in New Jersey and I was intrigued. So, the wheels have been turning for a while. About a month ago I attended an acoustic concert by Leigh Nash (Sixpence None the Richer), Art Alexakis (Everclear) & Eddie Kowalczyk (Live). Hearing them play in a small venue was wonderful, but the best part of the experience was the â€œup-close-and-personalâ€ feeling. They told us why they wrote some of their materialâ€¦they were funnyâ€¦they were seriousâ€¦they were emotional. Most of all they all talked about how much they loved that type of performance ~ small venue & a real connection with the fans. The idea of hosting up and coming musicians & songwriters in our own home seemed like a perfect idea and I began researching the internet to find out more. There are a few websites that connect hosts and artists and I encourage you to take a look. I decided on www.concertsinyourhome.com as they have built a relationship with over 600 artists from around the world who are willing to come to my living room, deck or the golf course and perform for my friends for a very reasonable donation that goes directly to the artist. The hostâ€™s reward is not monetaryâ€¦.itâ€™s the experience. We offer a venue, snacks & a room for the night to our musiciansâ€¦and most important an enthusiastic crowd.
From the artistâ€™s perspective: Playing small clubs, bars & coffee shops isnâ€™t all itâ€™s cracked up to be, but it helps pay the bills. Many times the artist works for tips or a few hundred dollars. Probably the worst part is sometimes feeling like a â€œcover bandâ€ who plays in the background for people who are there to socialize and have a few drinks. A house concert offers an attentive audience willing to offer a very reasonable donation to have the experience I described above. Costs are kept to a minimum, as the host provides the venue, advertising, food and a place to stay and the artist has an opportunity to gain some new fans and maybe sell a few CDs to concertgoers.
From a guestâ€™s perspective: For an extremely reasonable donation (and sometimes a dessert or casserole for a pot luck), you have a wonderful opportunity to relax with friends and enjoy an amazing venue to hear some â€œcrazy goodâ€ singer/songwriters/musicians perform just for us! I hope you will join us and see the caliber of performers we invite. Remember, we choose the artists we inviteâ€¦I get many requests from artists to perform for us, but I get to pick â€œthe best of the bestâ€! Still donâ€™t know what to expect? Take a look at this video:
House Concert Decorum
- Please donâ€™t arrive late
- Concert is reserved seating ~ confirmed when payment is received
- Directions will be emailed to you upon payment
- Please refrain from talking during the performance
- The concert is at the golf course & our bar will be open & available except during the actual concert; however, you may still BYOB! We provide soda & mixers as well as wine glasses.
- If we are having a pot luck before the concert and/or dessert afterwards, weâ€™ll provide plates, silverware, napkins and coffee & tea.
- Tables may be reserved for groups from 4 -12 when concerts are held at the Golf Course on a first-come basis ~ please reserve early!!! Please note: not all seating is table seating .
- Itâ€™s fine to email me to ask me to count you in, but please pay in advance. We are limited to a specific number depending on where the concert is held and cannot guarantee you a reservation until you have paid. Our concerts will fill and we will maintain a waiting list in the event of a last-minute emergency cancellation.
- When concerts are in our home, please note: our home is non-smoking & we have a house cat. The lounge at the golf course is also non-smoking.
- Questions? Call Judy 570-956-0671 or email email@example.com